We've been blessed - Literally!
Hi ya,
OK so it does take 3 times longer to get ready before leaving to do anything when you have a baby, I thought people were just exaggerating. :) Every morning so far Lee and I have had to rush down stairs and speed through our breakfast before getting on the bus. Our organized and frantic outings are hopefully coming to an end soon. Imagine 14 families with some content babies cooing, some discontent, frightened and angry babies screaming! Inevitably Lee and I always sit next to the screaming baby. Mara couldn't care less, she's used to it I assume, :).

Today we ventured out to the Six Banyon Buddhist Temple where we sat through a blessing ceremony where each of us and our babies were blessed. Mara also placed a donation into the donation box. She was reluctant to let go and then was curious to see where it went, but with some coaching we got the job done. The six banyon temple was stunning. It was a wonderful experience.
I don't know what Lee and I have done to receive such an easy baby. Mara is so content. Today we are starting to really see her personality. And we are starting to figure out her signals. When she is hungry when she is tired, when she is in a playful mood and when she is in a cuddling mood. I am so happy to have this little cuddle bunny! She is my world. Already I see some attachment. She crawled to me this morning and gave me a hug, it brought tears to my eyes. It is these little things that I just love. As well as crawl, Mara loves to pull herself up and she cruises a little. She will walk a little spastic like, if we hold her hands and walk with her. She waves and she claps. Her fine motor skills are in tune, we are working on the gross motor skills, here she is definitely a little delayed. It's hard to believe but even in two days she is improving in this regard. She like the bath, this is fun, and we have a fun game we like to play in the crib.


Drinking would be nice. We are still drinking from a spoon. This might be embarrassing for Mara in the future. What will her first date think of her drinking from a spoon, slurping her pop up spoonful after spoonful????? We are working on the sippy cup approach, thanks for all of the great advice. We think this will pass (like Tracy suggested ~ thanks), she is not unlike the other babies from Yangdong.
Eating is no problem as long as it is soft and mushy. Cherios are out of the question for eating but very fun to play with~ so happy to have lugged an entire box of them all the way here. :) She especially likes congee (rice porridge) with peaches.
Tomorrow I am off to Yangdong orphanage, daddy is staying put with Mara. We would take her but it is a 6 hour drive, round trip, and it is very very hot and humid at the moment. I think she needs a break from the bus anyhow. I am feeling a bit bad that she won't have pictures of herself in the orphanage. Geese, I hope I am not being a bad parent? Daddy and Mara are planning to spend a relaxing day in the park.

Hope all is well at home, we miss you and can't wait to be home.
Les


19 Comments:
Wonderful pictures! Mara looks so happy.
I am so glad you will have a chance to see the orphanage. What a great opportunity.
Mara's little dresses look adorable!.Good job!
Have a nice day tomorrow and talk to you soon.
Love, Mom
Mara is SOOO!!!! cute. Can't wait to see her. Leslie, you sound so happy and Lee, you will be a wonderful father.
Love
Irene & Patrick
Sorry about the Cheerio advice . . . I guess every group of kids are different :-) Everyone one in our group actually ran out of cheerios (also could be that our babies were a bit older too).
It is amazing how with each day, Mara is looking more and more at ease with her new mom and dad :-)
Great to hear all is going SUPER well and you are NOT a bad parent for not taking Mara to your trip to the orphanage. Considering the length of the trip, you are actually being a GREAT parent.
Take care and chat soon!
Trace (and family)
KRISTA SAID....
Les & Lee - you deserve such a wonderful baby. Sounds like all three of you are adjusting wonderfully. Thanks so much for sharing so much of your journey with the rest of us.
Have a great day today. Lee - enjoy your daddy & daughter time!
Les - your trip to the orphanage will be something you'll never forget. Take lots of pictures (if you are allowed) as you'll want them for Mara (and yourselves) in the future.
Hugs - Krista (Paul & Evan too)
Mara,
You are so lucky to have been blessed with such amazing parents! There are so many people in Canada that can't wait to meet you - us included!
Les & Lee,
You guys are pros and I think you deserve a lot of the credit for Mara's laid back demeanor. Relaxed parents = relaxed baby!
Give Mara a squeeze for us!
Jane, Neil, Sara & Hannah
xo
Oh my god, what an absolutely beautiful little girl!! :-) And it sounds like the transition is going so smoothly for all - that is very sweet icing on an already yummy cake, isnt' it?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
PS
Welcome to the club! I see that parental guilt has already started to assert itself ("Geez, I hope I am not being a bad parent?")LOL, that's pretty fast!! ;-)
hey last night we slept at you guys house and we ordered pizza and set up the baby pool and filled it up and played in there for like an hour then we came in and watched a movie then we went to bed but jade kept trying to crawl on our faces but we fell asleep finally thinking about you guys lots love sophie and victoria
Seriously!!!!!!! Could Mara be any cuter???? I think not! She is such a happy, beautiful baby. Cannot wait to give her tons and tons of kisses and let her know how much we all love her already! It is wonderful to be able to follow this journey with you 3. Can't wait for you to get home! Lee, have an amazing day with the babe. Lesley, enjoy the time to explore where your baby came from, she cannot begin to understand it at this point anyway and without distractions you can get a clearer picture and more insight to share with her in the future. Your life together will be beautiful and peaceful. Your baby has complete confidence in you, she feels your love and is responding the same way. Enjoy the bonding experience, as each day goes on the connection will get stronger and stronger. Lots of love to you all.
Aylanna and family
xxxxxoooooo
We could not be happier for you. You are so blessed and you deserve this wonderful child.
I LOVE the pictures. Mara is absolutely beautiful but you already know that. You all look so happy.
Congratulations (again) guys. And thanks for sharing this with us.
Jen, Shane & Gage
Congratulations L&L,
Love to read all the exciting news and updates. You'll be happy to hear that you made both a pregnant woman (easy) and an engineer (much harder) teary the past couple of days. Good luck with the adjustment period, sounds like you guys are doing great. Can't wait for Xavier to meet his new cousin (us to)!
Love Scott, Marivic and Xavier
I am here in Vancouver visiting Laurel and we are both so excited to read the updates on your adventure.
The photos tell so much.........
Les and Lee, you both look so very happy - beaming with joy in fact! Mara looks so happy... as well as gorgeous and beautiful.
I was excited to hear that Mara is a cuddly little girl - in synch with her mommy, since I know that Les had hoped for cuddles.
Thank you both for all the postings. It is a real treat to be able to follow your steps.
Congrats
Great Auntie Les
lesley and lee,
well we are all counting our blessings here...what a precious life we all have...
mara has the sweetest, toothy face ever...we know it sounds weird but she seems familiar to us...the expressions on her face remind us of anna and sophie...maybe aylanna and mike are seeing this also...hmmm
we miss you all terribly and wish you were home now...but we know we have to wait...so at least the blog and the bloggers are keeping us company...keep the adventure coming we are loving it!!
give mara some kisses for us
laura and glenn
what a super-cutie!
great photos of mara!
chris/agnes
My dearest Mara,
I see that you are having a wonderful time - with baths in the sink, meal time, play time and even sleep time!!! Even better is that you get to hog mommy and daddy! What a treat! Please give them a big hug and kiss for me (yourself too!) and take care of them until you come back home...to all of us...
Love Auntie Stephie
Hi Lesley, Lee, and Mara!!
Katherine, Sophie (coming up on our first anniversay of gotcha day), and I (went to high school with Lee..remember Children's Bridge?) want to extend our hearfelt congratulations!!! What a beautiful child--and such a lovely disposition, too!
Your racing through breakfast and then rushing to the bus sounds, well, very familiar :) Wonderful, isn't it?
When the dust settles after your return, we would love to get together with you. I know Sophie, who adores babies but refuses to acknowledge she is one, would be thrilled to meet Mara. (inotherwords@rogers.com)
Congrats again.
Michael, Katherine and the Sophie
Mara,
You are just too cute...don't no how long we can hold off our next visit to Ottawa...
Since it seems that everyone is reading all the comments,I'll take the opportunity to congratulate all the new Grandparents, Nannies and Pappies, you should all be proud of having such a sweet lovable Grandaughter.
Marie-Josée Grignon
post something new please!!! we want more
Congratulations ; we are all so excited for you. The journey begins. The pictures are wonderful we can't wait to meet her.
Christine, George, Claire and Anna
Dear Les and Lee,
We are so happy for you that Mara has finally joined your lives. You all look so happy and in love. She is a beautiful treasure and I can't wait for her and Ruby to meet. I'm sure this is the millionth piece of Mom advice you've already received, (like I know anything!) but Ruby didn't want to drink her bottle very much for a few weeks just before her first teeth popped out. I think pursing her lips together and the pressure on her gums by the nipple might have hurt her tender gums. She also only wanted the spoon for a while. Then the teeth cut through and she was happy happy on the bottle again! I wonder if more teeth are on the way for Mara?
xoxoxo
All our love, Kylee Mackay & Doug & Rubylicious
Post a Comment
<< Home